Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Mid-Week Words



from the Journal, entry dated Oct. 2nd 2013-
There is an old saying that if you stare into the abyss, it will stare back into you.
It used to cause me anxiety, and fear. For what if I am all too like the darkness?
Now when I recall those words, I smile. Because the darkness will blink first, because I don't blink, motherfucker, and you should have known that. And I will laugh, and I will keep on living.
To me, that's growing up.
Life is too short to live in fear. Its too brief to hesitate, too impulsive to pause, and too fleeting to delay.
And for those of you who still cling to the past like a bottle of your favorite mind-numbing concoction, I only hope you can wake up before it's too late.

from The Sigil of Azazel, chapter 4-
"You've only just turned 18 Ms. Spellmeyer, do you understand what that means?" the Detective asked, leaning in close as if she were talking to a child. So close that Ever was certain the camera couldn't see her smile, which did not look like anything that should belong on the face of one so sworn to uphold the law.
"I do," Eve answered.
She understood that the Oscars would fight until she was wrongly convicted. She understood that she would be tried as an adult. She also understood that the only evidence they had was entirely circumstantial, and as such she had every right to get the fuck out of there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...