Saturday, March 30, 2013

Eerie Enchantmants, the Beginning

A few weeks back my hands-bug bit me, in the form of jewelry. My hands-bug is this need I sometimes get to step away from the computer and the books and simply use my hands-on brain. All creativity, all physical work. No thoughts about books or articles whatsoever. And then I started sketching things out, big, crazy things. Shop idea things. And so I have begun my journey into what will in a few months time conclude with opening my own etsy shop, Eerie Enchantments.

Eerie Enchantments is going to be a long endeavor for me. When I get a project like this in my mind, a really big one (like the Sigil series) I can see in my head the potential for awesome, if I do it just so. I want the E.E. store to have a very signature style to it. I want sorceress style - seductive, mysterious, and powerful. Malachim script is going to be a big thing for the pieces. In fact I already have a sort of "signature store item" in my mind that I'm working out a few ways to accomplish, because it must be absolutely perfect or not at all. I want these to be beautiful, quality items that you'll cherish for years. I want to give people witchcraft you can wear. 



I'm taking this process slowly, one piece and skill at a time. I don't want to rush it, I want to do everything just right. I've started learning wire-wrapping and am happy to find it is not at all as hard as I thought it would be. I'm also doing research to begin learning how to knot and braid hemp. I hope to extend the shop to include accessories, like velvet hair wraps, and maybe even home goods as well.

Athena's Enlightenment, wire-wrapped fluorite. Soon to be with amethyst too!

Stone of Breath, A simple light jade ring

Hathor's Blessing, featuring raw aventurine

Hecate, the Night Queen; featuring raw smoky quartz

Protection of Poseidon, branch coral with lapis lazuli, smoky quartz, aventurine, and hematite.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...