Monday, February 25, 2013

Don't Waste Your Time, Or Time Will Waste You



Time is so precious. Every damn moment goes by at such an incredible speed that is at times difficult to comprehend. But every single one is precious, because it won't happen again. Sure, you can try and recreate the scenario, but it will not be the same. Time is the gift that we never get more of. There are no seconds, no do-overs. 

Recently, I had an experience that, although this morning in front of my computer I can laugh about, at the time I was terrified, and strangely, humbled. During the Super Storm that dumped three feet of snow on my little town, the fire alarm went off in my building. My heart slammed into my rib-cage  and even though it turned out to be nothing more than a faulty sensor, I was shaken to the core. If my apartment had gone up, what would I lose? I began to reconsider what really mattered, and just how freaking short our lives really are.

Everyone wants different things out of life, and I completely respect that. Some of us honestly just want decent paying jobs and the ability to relax and enjoy themselves, and that's cool. Whatever makes you happy, do that. But that's just it. You have to work to get there. Whether its writing a book, buying a house, or losing weight. You can't just sit on the couch all day thinking about it. 

I've been through a lot in my short time on this earth so far (23 years is really nothing when you think about it), and if my experiences and those hard and horrifying times have taught me anything, it is that life is entirely too fucking short to waste it on doing anything less than your absolute fucking best. Draft a plan to make your dream reality, its the only way to get there. 

Don't make excuses. 

Tell the ones who matter how you feel. 

Take a risk. 

Whatever you do, don't let life pass you by. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...