Sunday, October 20, 2013

Weekend Witchcraft- Playing With Fire


I find with witchcraft, as it is all aspects of life really, it can be so terrifyingly easy to limit yourself. 
Just as I once sought the earth for grounding, when the ocean is my home, I am so easily tied to my main elements of the air and sea, that I often forget I can command anything else. It sounds silly, but its true.



It struck me yesterday that, though I don't think about it, I call it up more often than I realize. When darkness falls, either from the setting sun or a stormy day, I often light candles to warm up the apartment. I love having a few lit candles in the living room and the kitchen at night to walk around without the need for turning on the lights. It gives me warmth and comfort, and keeps the utility bills down.

Yesterday I summoned fire at my altar with just an orange tea light to give me the energy and strength to get everything done that I needed to. It worked! I was able to stay on my feet despite the lack of sleep, though it proved to be a bit too much for me, as I broke a bowl in my kitchen, but! If you can channel it better (I'm sure remembering to eat helps) that I, it can work wonders for you. 



ANSKRIT/IRISH/LATIN: Tejas/Tine/
DIRECTION: South
ASSOCIATIONS: Action, the will, passion, sex, lust , anger, desire, energy, work, purification , destruction, strength, protection
QUALITIES: hot, dry, light, active
GENDER: masculine, projective
MAGICAL POWER: To will
COLORS: red, orange, gold, yellow
ARCHANGEL: Michael
ELEMENTAL BEING: Salamanders
ELEMENTAL KING: Djinn
ANIMALS: Lion, Tiger, lizards
PLANTS: Celtic trees - Thorn, Holly, Oak. Herbs - Basil, Cinnamon, Garlic. Natives ? Spanish Dagger, Oaks, Juniper, Sunflower, Chiletepin
STONES: Amber, Bloodstone, Carnelian, Citrine, Diamond, Garnet, Ruby, Tiger's Eye
METALS: Brass, Gold, Steel
MYTHOLOGICAL BEINGS: Dragon, Phoenix
KERUB: Lion
TAROT SUIT: Wands, (Swords)
TAROT TRUMPS: Sun, Strength, Emperor
RUNES: Thurisaz, Kenaz, Naudhiz, Sowilo, Ingwaz
ZODIAC SIGNS: Aries, Leo, Sagittarius
PLANETS: Sun, Mars
HOUR: Noon
DAY(S): Sunday, Tuesday
SEASON: Summer
LIFE CYCLE: Youth and adolescence
ALCHEMICAL SYMBOL: upward pointing triangle
TATTWA SYMBOL: upward pointing red triangle
QABALISTIC SEPHIROT: Netzach/Victory, Geburah/Judgement, Chokmah/Wisdom
MAGICAL TOOLS: Athame, Sword, Wand, Staff, Candle, Flame, Scourge
CHAKRA(S): Solar Plexus
TYPES OF MAGIC: Banishing, Exorcism, purification, tantra, sex, empowering, protection, success
POSITIVE CHARACTERISTICS: Energetic, enthusiastic, courageous, daring, faithful
NEGATIVE CHARACTERISTICS: Stubborn, greedy, jealous, angry, resentful
OVERBALANCE: Dominating, egotistical, violent
UNDERBALANCE: Apathy, boredom, feelings of inferiority, laziness, lack of energy



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...