Monday, September 9, 2013

Who Are You Now?

Know Thyself.

It is the first of the 13 Goals of a Witch, and I find it personally to be one of the most important aspects of our lives.



If you don't know what you want, you may never achieve the happiness and fulfilling life you yearn for.

I usually like to think I have a pretty firm grasp on myself, and yet I am always being surprised about how little I truly know. It took meeting someone last night at the amazing Triton goth industrial festival for me to realize exactly how I had been holding back in life, and why, when before last night I hadn't realized I was holding back from anything at all.

The problem with knowing yourself for many of us is, like many things in life, the conflict of being forced to confront your fears and pains. But as I've spoken of before in Seek Out Your Demons, you can't hide from them, only delay the inevitable until it rears up to devour.

I have gone through a great many changes in the past nine months, and often times it leaves me feeling as if I no longer know the woman I am anymore. It's time I changed that, and I encourage everyone else to do the same.

Know yourself, every last inch, and there is nothing on this world or the next that can stand in your way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...