Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Dream walking



Dream walking is a meditative practice to recall ones dreams. Lately I've been having dreams of some of my past lives, but they've been changing, and I was curious to see if it was simply my dreaming mind warping them, or if the memories were simply more than I previously knew them to be. 

You can dream walk anyway you like. The important thing is to be meditating, not sleeping. This way you are able to direct the dream as you would like, without getting lost in the twists and turns of our often confusing subconscious thoughts. I started doing it actually pacing around my friends bedroom, because in the dream I had I was walking, but really, whatever meditative exercise you prefer would work fine. I love taking baths to ease my aching back from a long day of writing at the computer, and my last dream walk I was trying to pick up the thread of the dream that ended with me waking up in a tub in whatever past life I had found myself back in that time. It was very vivid. My hair was in ringlets down to my shoulders, and the water smelled of rose oil. 

Recalling past lives can be vital to the journey of our souls, which is really what we are. You are a soul in a body, not a body with a soul. I've been meditating like this with a notebook nearby, coming to every so often to jot down notes before I drift back in again. It's been a fascinating journey so far, and I came to realize what I've been seeing in my sleeping mind was actually a dream in my past life, a dream within a memory of sorts. 

Next time you have one of those dreams you simply can't get out of your head, consider lying down somewhere quiet with a notebook in hand, pick up the thread, and see where your dreams will lead you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...